cosmetic. surgical. medical.

List of Treatments

The Science Behind Onda Coolwaves™

The magic behind Onda by Deka is its microwave technology. Different from the microwave that we have at home, the microwaves emitted by Onda are highly controlled and preferentially absorbed by fat molecules rather than water molecules in the case of other energy devices.

Using a treatment machine that generates Coolwaves™, the specially selected frequency (2.45 GHz) bypasses the uppermost layer of skin tissue to directly target fat cells, increasing the ability to achieve fat cell death (lipolysis).

In fact, 80% of Coolwaves energy targets the fat cells while the remaining 20% goes to the dermis for secondary superficial thermal effect, aka skin tightening!

Here is how the technology targets fats;

Localised fat: Onda Coolwaves™ is used to penetrate the deep layer of the skin and target the subcutaneous fat cells to destroy and dissolve localized fat deposits, which are then naturally eliminated by the body’s lymphatic system. The fat cells that are destroyed will not regenerate.

Cellulite: Onda Coolwaves™ targets cellulite by stimulating the connective tissues between the fat cells and induces an immediate shrinkage of collagen fibres in the dermis to make tissues more compact and toned. Common treatment areas include the thighs, buttocks and arms.

Skin Laxity: Onda Coolwaves™ stimulates collagen production to further tighten and tone the tissues. Rigorously tested and investigated for 5 years, a recent study in the Journal of Plastic and Pathology Dermatology revealed that four sessions of Onda Coolwaves at a 30-day interval saw an improvement of cellulite and skin laxity in 100% of patients1.

A Powerful 3-in-1 Treatment At Your Disposal

What sets Onda Coolwaves™ apart from other non-surgical fat reduction treatments is that we can use the different handpieces to: breakdown localised fats, reduce the appearance of cellulite and tighten the skin all using one device. Compared to other body sculpting treatments, Onda Coolwaves™ does not harm the superficial skin and is proven to be more effective in targeting fat cells.

Common treatment areas include stubborn areas like the stomach, thighs, love handles, back and upper arms. With the latest version of Onda, it can even target the submental area for double chin reduction; a highly-sought after treatment amongst many patients.

Another unique feature about Onda Coolwaves™ lies in its patented smart handpiece – featuring two different handpieces, “Deep” and “Shallow” that is each designed for targeting different depths and body parts. For instance, “Deep” is best for targeting localized fat whilst “Shallow” works best for cellulite and skin laxity, or targeting submental fat.

The handpiece also comes with a built-in cooling mechanism that maximises comfort and ensures that energy is focused only where it is needed. Mild side effects including redness, itching, numbness, tenderness and swelling which are transient and typically resolve within a few days after treatment. A single session takes anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour depending on how many areas you are targeting.

The majority of patients will see improvement in just 3-4 treatments with no downtime. To maximise your results, it is important that you do not moisturise the skin prior to treatment – when the skin is dry, it allows for Onda Coolwaves™ to easily pass the target subdermal fat layer. To further assist lymphatic drainage, drink an additional litre of water per day on the day of your treatment, as well as before and after treatment. Those who have stubborn pockets of fat that are resistant to diet or exercise, have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of less than 30 and want to address the “pinchable” subcutaneous fats stored beneath the skin are suitable candidates for Onda Coolwaves™.

Specialized range of treatments